For the past month, we’ve been writing about this year’s Academy Award nominees for Best Picture in a number of different ways. Catch up with all our pieces before the show this Sunday.
- Jonathan Gouraly thinks Amour is too boring
- Kevin Nguyen talks about the problems in Argo that don’t seem to be problems in Zero Dark Thirty
- Hallie Bateman interviews the special effects art director of Beasts of the Southern Wild
- Nathan Pensky breaks down the n-word controversy in Django Unchained
- Jane Hu believes everyone deserves a great Les Misérables experience, even if Thomas Hooper’s version is not the one
- Ben Bateman is too old to enjoy Life of Pi (he is 25)
- Jonathan Gourlay can’t stop seeing the actors in Lincoln as their well-known TV characters
- Jane Hu tells you how to express your love for Silver Linings Playbook (with help from tweets by Bret Easton Ellis)
And in case you missed it, Jonathan also declared the winners of his own Ouroboros Awards.